10 REASONS TO INSTALL LED LIGHTING IN YOUR HOME
LED stands for ‘Light Emitting Diode’. LED’s are an energy efficient lighting that will save you money on your power bill. Here are 10 reasons you should be getting an LED lighting installed in your home.
1. LED’s have a lower power consumption, using approximately 85% less energy than halogen or incandescent lights and about 5% less energy than compact fluorescent globes.
2. LED’s also have a longer lifespan. LED lights have a 30,000-50,000-hour estimated lifespan. Other types of lighting, such as halogens are typically only 5,000 hours and incandescent 1,000 hours. They can also be switched on and off frequently without affecting the lifespan. They are a perfect option for homes in the Yarra Valley and other regional areas as you will eliminate the need to get down to the shops when your standard globe pops and leaves you in the dark.
3. LED’s also differ from standard lighting as they do not burn out and stop working rather they emit lower output levels, becoming less bright over a period of time.
4. LED’s are free of toxic chemicals and are 100% recyclable making the ecologically friendly. Most conventional fluorescent light bulbs contain mercury or lead that are dangerous for the environment.
5. LED’s are not a fire risk like traditional globes that get hot when switched on. Because LED’s operate at a much lower temperature, they are also designed to have insulation installed directly on top of them. You can have loads of LED’s installed and switched on at the same time and not have to worry about increasing the heat in your home.
6. They emit no UV rays or infrared radiation which makes LED lighting a suitable option for objects and materials that are sensitive to heat and UV.
7. They look AWESOME! Their flexible design means LED’s can deliver light more efficiently to a desired location; they can also be dimmed to control the colour and light distribution. A combined LED system can create amazing lighting effects.
8. Instant lighting is achieved with LED’s as they reach full brightness instantly in comparison to traditional lighting which can take several seconds to reach full brightness.
9. LED’s are hardy and compact; their durable design makes LEDs great for use in extreme temperatures, meaning they work equally as well inside as they do outside, suitable for all types of Melbourne weather.
10. A low-voltage power supply is ample for-LED lighting which makes them a good choice for outdoor settings and is a big advantage in remote or rural areas. As many homes in the Yarra Valley are now opting for alternate energy sources, you can even connect them to an external solar-energy source!
So, if you’re still not convinced the LED’s are the way to go, give us a call on 1300 252 225 and let us tell you again about the SAVINGS! You’ll be happy you made the change for a smarter looking, green future.