FAULTY WIRING THE CAUSE OF TOO MANY HOUSE FIRES IN THE YARRA VALLEY

FAULTY WIRING THE CAUSE OF TOO MANY HOUSE FIRES IN THE YARRA VALLEY

CFA Victoria suggests that there’s an average 3,000 house fires per year in Victoria. There has been a surge in the Yarra Valley as the cold nights set in and people are switching on their heaters, electric blankets, and using open fires in attempt to stay warm.

Many of these house fires are caused by faulty wiring. However, bad electrical work and also faulty appliances can all cause these potentially deadly fires. A majority of the house fires recorded have resulted from a simple careless mistake. Those fires caused by faulty wiring, could still be preventable by having a licenced electrician complete a simple safety check on your homes internal wiring and by testing commonly used electrical appliances.

Below is a list of warning signs that you may have faulty wiring – It’s recommended if you experience any of the following that you call a qualified electrician TODAY, to prevent serious injury or death.

  1. Flickering of lights
  2. Fuses that blow often
  3. Power outlets that no longer work
  4. Differences in light intensity between globes
  5. Getting shocked when connecting an appliance to an outlet
  6. Notice a buzzing sound from a light switch
  7. Acrid/Charred smell or charred look around outlets

If you live in one of the many older homes in the Yarra Valley get one of our qualified electricians out today to come and perform a safety check at your home call 1300 252225.